Science Camps and Classes
Terrific Scientific is a hands-on, minds-on, challenging SCIENCE program for girls and boys that lays the foundation for innovative minds and problem solvers of the future through science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM). Throughout the year, students learn the fundamentals of inquiry-based learning: Be curious, ask questions, think outside the box, explore possibilities, discover what you don’t know, experiment and try things out, and evaluate results. Through this approach, students carry out experiments, engage in team activities, and see how science works in the real world. Our camps and classes appeal to children who have a genuine interest in how things work and what things are made of.
Terrific Scientific provides inquiry-based after school classes and camps in environmental science, veterinary medicine, robotics, forensics, video game creation, food science, technology, paleontology, engineering, chemistry, biology, astronomy, oceanography, medicine and special effects. In doing so, we are helping children develop the scientific literacy essential for life as effective, productive citizens of the 21st century. We believe that each and every child is a scientist and we want to make them a better scientist!
By working with professional colleagues and developers of science and robotic curriculum, we have created an unparalleled set of cutting edge programs designed for the young mind ages 4-13. All of our programs are “kid-tested” to ensure that classes and camps are fun, full of scientific concepts, and have a track record of being successful! With Terrific Scientific, students have a safe and positive learning environment where they can experiment, problem solve, build scientific skills and delve into the mysteries of science.
Summer Camp 2018
This summer get your kids away from the screen and into the lab to explore various aspects of science including biology, chemistry, botany, rocket science, robotics and so much more. Our camps focus on hands on learning activities so campers can develop various skills that will help them in the STEM field. This summer it’s the Prep’s mission to work on sustainAbility as we try to incorporate reduce, reuse and recycle into our activities to help our facility and campers go green!
Week of June 4
- Junior Chemist Gr. K-1: Junior chemist is a camp all about crazy chemical concoctions that campers will get to try out. Campers will be able to learn how to grow crystals make the perfect batch of slime and even more chemical. Our campers will leave this camp with plenty of experience, fun take home projects and a week’s worth of reasons why this summer was the best. 9am-1pm: $229 8am-5:30pm $349
- Mad Scientist Gr. 2-4: Mad scientist is a camp that is all about crazy chemical concoctions. Over the course of a week, campers will get to perform a variety of chemistry activities that are either gooey, gross, explode and more! Our campers will leave this camp with plenty of experience, fun take home projects and a week’s worth of reasons why this summer was the best. 9am-1pm: $229 8am-5:30pm $349
Week of June 11
- Ragin' Robots Gr. 2-4: In this camp, the kids will be able to dive into the world of electronics with a little twist. They get to experiment with Snap Circuit Arcade and create projects with K'nex, but also going back to the basics of building functional structures with Lego bricks. The idea of this camp is to have campers build an understanding of how certain structures or systems work and more importantly having fun while doing it! Campers will take home their Snap Circuit Arcade! 9am-1pm $279 8am-5:30pm $399
- Master Builder Gr. 5-8: If your kid has the desire to create and invent then master builder is the camp for you! This camp will incorporate various task challenges to engage our campers to engineer their own projects. Since going green is our highlight this year, campers will get a chance to learn about sustainable energy as they build a solar powered project! Campers will take home their solar powered robot! 9am-1pm $279 8am-5:30pm $399
Week of June 18
- Water, Wetlands & Wildlife Gr. K-1: This camp will facilitate fun and engaging activities for campers to learn about important aspects of Florida’s natural environment. Campers will develop skills as young marine ecologists as they discover unique roles of our aquatic systems and the harmful actions that effects it. They will be able to learn how to filter water, clean up an oil spill, engineer a hurricane proof house and more! In addition, campers will explore the wildlife side of Florida’s ecosystem as they construct their own beaver dam and learn the difference between which species are supposed to be here and which are invasive visitors. 9am-1pm: $229 8am-5:30pm $349
- DocVet in Training Gr. 2-4 Is your child an animal lover or aspire to someday be a doctor and save lives? Then this camp is for you! Medical student in training camp is a beginning approach for campers to learn about the field of medicine and develop the skills of a veterinarian and a doctor. Through role playing and various hands on activities, campers will learn how to take care of pets or people using tools real vets or doctors would use. In addition, campers will get a visit from a veterinarian who will get to share their experience in this exciting field. 9am-1pm: $229 8am-5:30pm $349
Week of July 9
- Little Inventor Gr. K-1 Little inventor camp will encourage campers to think, create and play as they work to engineer fun filled projects. Our campers will be able to develop skills as they work on designing a new toy, building with Legos, creating their own roller coaster and more. Let your kid become a little engineer as they enjoy a weeks’ worth of fun and engaging projects. 9am-1pm: $229 8am-5:30pm $349
- Inventor in Training Gr. 2-4 Inventor in training will help your kid take a break from building on the computer screen and back to building hands on projects. This camp will encourage our campers to explore their creativity and innovations through exciting projects that allows them to image and build. Campers will get a chance to experiment with solar powered projects, work through STEM challenges and more! Let your kid become a little engineer as they enjoy a weeks’ worth of fun and engaging projects! 9am-1pm: $229 8am-5:30pm $349
Week of July 16
- Scientific Magicians Gr. K-1 A magician may never reveal their secrets for their tricks, but in this session campers will be able to explore the mysteries of many magic tricks and the science behind them. Our camp will teach the magicians to perform disappearing acts, levitation and create optical illusions that are sure to entertain their audience in any magic show. By the end of the week campers will leave with many tricks up their sleeves so watch out parents!
- Water, Wetlands & Wildlife Gr. 2-4 This camp will facilitate fun and engaging activities for campers to learn about important aspects of Florida’s natural environment. Campers will develop skills as young marine ecologists as they discover unique roles of our aquatic systems and the harmful actions that effects it. They will be able to learn how to filter water, clean up an oil spill, engineer a hurricane proof house and more! In addition, campers will explore the wildlife side of Florida’s ecosystem as they construct their own beaver dam and learn the difference between which species are supposed to be here and which are invasive visitors. 9am-1pm: $229 8am-5:30pm $349
Week of July 23
- Junior Explorer Gr. K-1 Campers will not only decipher the world around us, but explore our Earth’s unique past. Each day campers will engage in activities that help connect them to the natural world around them through observation and hands on learning. From discovering dinosaurs and fossils of those that once roamed our planet to learning how to identify species on their own. So watch out because some day these campers may make a discovery of their own one day. 9am-1pm: $229 8am-5:30pm $349
- Junior Space Explorer Gr. 2-4 Our space explorer camp gives the campers an opportunity to learn about the wonders of space. They will be able to investigate the various components that make up our solar system including planets and stars as well as participate in rocket launches! Our projects aim to enhance the camper’s imagination and understanding of space by repurposing various household items to make rockets, design planets and more! 9am-1pm: $229 8am-5:30pm $349
Week of July 30
- Sprouting Scientists (Gr. K-) and Urban Farming (Gr. 2-4): This fun and exciting new camp offers a chance for kids to learn what it truly means to go from farm to table and all the skills that it entails. Campers will be able to learn how to be a successful farmer and gardener with a beginning approach to animal husbandry, agriculture and garden care taking. For example, in this camp kids will develop skills of a sprouting scientist as they begin a garden and learn the importance of sunlight, soil and bugs through many activities! 9am-1pm $279 8am-5:30pm $399